Sunday, August 21, 2011

Saturday's Finds!

I went to the thrift store yesterday eager to find something cool to put on my blog and I found a few things that I am really excited about! My favorite thrift store is one that I have been going to for as long as I can remember. It has opened and closed a few times over the years, but they always have great deals. Every Friday and Saturday they put everything on sale for 50% off except for a certain color tag. These are the things I picked up for a great price :)

 This is my school uniform. Most girls tuck in the polos and add brown belts. I saw this one and fell in love. It looks really preppy and the gold accents are really cute. You can't really see them in this photo but they're in the photo below. A belt really accentuates your waste and I've recently started looking for belts in thrift stores. This one was half off for $2! I think I need to find a better way to store my belts, because I don't think the way I store them will work for much longer on account of my growing collection :P
This belt was also $2. I could make out from the back of it that it was from  the Gap  which is one of my favorite stores.  This will go with pretty much anything :) It's also a sturdy leather belt that won't bend too easily which is a plus!
 Aren't the gold buckles cute? I love this little accent! One of my favorite finds because I can wear this at school :D yippee!

One of the best finds of the day! I found this Lucky Brand jacket on my regular scoop of the jackets and coats (my favorite section). This find was $15 dollars, and unfortunately there was no discount. But I have been looking for a nice jean jacket for a few weeks! I also looked up the Lucky Brand jackets online and found a similar (but not as cute) denim jacket for $130 on sale! Phew! Not in my price range, but I am thrilled to have scored this jacket just in time for fall!

The shorts are also from my favorite thift store, but they are from last summer. I think they were around $3? I wear them a lot!

This skirt is 100% wool! It's a Valarie Stevens  pencil skirt and it was $5!  I wish I could say it was perfect, but there is a small moth hole on the bottom about a half inch from the bottom. I told my mom about this small imperfection and she is going to help me mend it by maybe tucking it under. This skirt is pretty flexible and can be put together a few different ways :) The shirt is from goodwill and it was around $3.49. It's been a while! :P

Anywhoo those were my finds this weekend! I can't wait to show you the finds I get next time! I probably won't go thrifting for a while because I'm going to be pretty busy with school this week and camping next weekend. Happy thrifting! :)


2 comments:

  1. You've got to do what you can to spruce up those boring uniforms! Love the belt! I have a similat one that I wear with sundresses, skirts, everything!

    Lindsey Turner
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute finds! I like the lucky jacket, the last outfit looks so sweet on you! A nice belt can definitely jazz up a plain uniform!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and following. I'm now your first follower!

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete